In this session, Search Institute discussed the essential elements of a high-quality student success system through the lens of one of their latest projects, Cultural Adaptation of Developmental Relationships in Education (CADRE). CADRE is both a research project and school partnership – designed to deepen relational practices by building on effective practices of educators and taking local context into consideration. Through CADRE, Search and a partner school collaboratively investigate local needs and barriers using data and educator experience to co-design an implementation plan for strengthening DR within their unique school context. This session explored ways to adapt and operationalize Search’s widely-used Developmental Relationships framework at the school level to drive improvement and support student success.
Presenters from Search Institute:
- Erica Van Steenis, PhD – Co-Principal Investigator
- Katherine Ross, PhD – Co-Principal Investigator
- Mara Schanfield, EdM – Director of Design and Implementation
- Along app: https://app.along.org/
- DR+Math Toolkit: https://sites.google.com/search-institute.org/dr-math-toolkit/home